Boy Scouts of the Philippines
27 August 2008
NATIONAL OFFICE MEMORANDUM
Number 36 Series 2008
TO : Regional Scout Directors, Council Scout Executives and
SUBJECT : 51st JAMBOREE-ON-THE-AIR (JOTA) and
1. The 51st Jamboree-On-The-Air (JOTA) and the 12th Jamboree-On-The-Internet (JOTI) will be held on 18-19 October 2008 at BSP National Office, Manila. The event span a full 48 Hours from 00:00H LOCAL TIME on Saturday, 18 October 2008 and will end at 24:00H LOCAL TIME on Sunday, 19 October 2008. Stations may operate throughout or part of this period. Hereunder is pertinent information of these events.
51st Jamboree-On-The-Air (JOTA)
Guidelines for Participation:
a. All stations must operate strictly in accordance with the Philippine Amateur Radio regulations.
b. Call “CQ Jamboree” or answer any station that you may hear using this call.
c. When you call or search for station/s, use any of the following frequencies:
New World Scout Frequencies
d. As in previous years, solicit the early assistance/support of the Amateur Radio Organizations/Associations in your locality.
12th Jamboree-On-The-Internet (JOTI
How to organize a Council JOTI Station:
a. Local Councils should create a JOTI Station and select a Coordinator. The station shall be called “(Name of Council) JOTI Station,” example: Manila Council Internet Team
b. The Coordinator and the members of the group should have the following:
- Knowledgeable on computer hardware and software specially in the use of Internet Browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator) and Chatting (mIRC or vIRC)
- Must have a personal computer
- Must have an access to the Internet that can be used for the JOTI.
- Must have an e-mail address
c. It is suggested that at least one (1) group/patrol/crew and one (1) trained Adult Leader be designated to operate a JOTI station.
d. As soon as the Council JOTI station has been established, please submit to National Office, BSP the following information thru e-mail: email@example.com
- Local Council JOTI station Coordinator
- Members of the group
- Homepage or web site address
- E-mail addresses of the members
- List of Group/Troop/Patrol/Institutional JOTI station with e-mail address
- Other Scouting activities simultaneous with event
2. It is suggested that Local Councils should conduct simultaneous Scout Activities (Camping, Forum, Symposium, etc.) during the 51st Jamboree-On-The-Air and 12th Jamboree-On-The-Internet to enable the Scouts to earn additional Merit Badges.
3. Please send Post-Activity pictorial report to the National Office on or before 15 November 2008, to form part of the JOTA-JOTI-After Action Report.
4. For guidance and compliance.
J. RIZAL C. PANGILINAN
|For more information on the highlights of JOTA 2008 and details of the World Scout Challenge, please click HERE|
Philippine Amateur Radio Association, Inc. 2008